PRESIDENTS TOURNAMENT WAS GREAT FUN!
Thank-you to those that went the extra mile with set-up and/or take down duties at various gyms. This is one of the largest inter-regional tournaments in the Northwest and was great fun [more]
Tournament page | Playing Schedules & Results: U14 & U16 | U12
The Martin Luther King Weekend is a big weekend around the country as several regions host large multi-day tournaments with teams from neighboring regions. [more]
(Last updated 2/25/14): We will update this page periodically so you can access it for the most current Power League Information. Resources: Please be sure to look over Facility Rules so you are aware of what is permitted in each [more]
TEAMS ARE TRAVELING TO DENVER, COLORADO THIS WEEKEND
Good luck! Have a fun and successful weekend of play!
PRESIDENTS TOURNAMENT WAS GREAT FUN!
Thank-you to those that went the extra mile with set-up and/or take down duties at various gyms. This is one of the largest inter-regional tournaments in the Northwest and was great fun to play teams from Oregon, Canada, Eastern Washington, and Idaho.
Results can be found at
U14-U18′s Tournament (ON AES)
U12′s Tournament (ON AES)
MLK Weekend marks first tournament for many teams as all NW Juniors teams were in action:
The Martin Luther King Weekend is a big weekend around the country as several regions host large multi-day tournaments with teams from neighboring regions. Northwest Juniors played host as 24 U16′s, 20 U14′s and 10 U12′s teams competed in our MLK Weekend Tournament. Several NW Juniors teams had successful weekends. Here are some results of note:
- 15 Under Armour Black went 7-2 and took second in the U16′s Gold Division
- 15 Under Armour White took third in the U16 Silver Division
- 16 Storm took second in the U16 Bronze Division.
- 14 Under Armour Blue went 6-2 and took third in the U14′s Gold Division, including a thrilling 3-set win over WVBA 14 Mizuno
- 13 Under Armour Black took third in the 14 Silver Division
- 14 Under Armour Black won the 14 Bronze Division
Power League Weekend saw most hold seed:
The seeding tournaments for the U14, U15, and U16′s Power Leagues has passed and most NW Juniors teams remained where they were seeded. The Seeding day is a grueling double pool day of play where team can play up to 7 matches in one day. Many of our teams were pre-seeded into the top three flights of the league and most remain there.
- In the U16′s Power League, 15 Under Armour Black will start Power League in Flight 3 (#24) and 16 UA Black will start in Flight 4 (#29) remaining where they were seeded.
- In the U15′s Power League, all three teams kept their seeds, though 15 UA White flirted briefly with the #4 seed, but lost their crossover match. 15 UA White will be in Flight 2 (#16), 15 UA Blue will be in Flight 3 (#24), and 15 Heat will be in Flight 6 (#43).
- In the 14′s Power League, only the 14 UA Black team moved up, starting the day as the #44 seed and ending up in Flight 3 with the #23 seed. Also in Flight 3 will be 13 UA Black (#23). Dropping from their original seeds were 14 UA Blue (now in Flight 5 with seed #40) and 13 UA Blue (flight 10, #73).
- All Power League information is accessible through the Puget Sound Region’s Power League Page.
Best of luck to all teams in Power League #1 the weekend of January 25 & 26.
Team and Individual pictures completed:
As a reminder, all players will receive a “Memory Mate” picture package as part of their dues which includes the head shot and team photo. If additional photos are needed, you can go online and order them after picture day. A link to the order form will be posted here on the website. Our photographer will also be attending the MLK tournament and taking action photos for the yearbook. 14 Elite Black and 13 Elite Black will also have their team pictures taken during the MLK Tournament.
Alumni come together for exhibition/reunion:
Thirteen alumni returned during winter break to play an exhibition match as the feature match of the club’s Jamboree on Saturday, December 28th. For our second annual alumni match, several recent graduates attended and put on a good show. Participating this year were for Team Joseph: Dani Smullin, Katrina Lane, Sara Pulaski, Loretta Forrest, Jazz Garcia & Alina Ross; for Team Kim: Taylor Brooks , Haley Bedell, Kristen Lane,Gen Knoppi , Mary Alice Siqueland , Haleigh Harrison, Danielle Leider. Team Kim pulled out a close 3-set victory. Thank-you alumni for attending — welcome back! Pictured are most of the alumni at the after match dinner.
Player Pack orders beginning to be distributed
We began distributing some player pack items this past weekend as promised along with some uniform and practice items. Please don’t contact the club regarding your orders. Remember from the order form that many of the items are due to arrive in January (especially Under Armour items that need to be printed or embroidered). If you do have issues with the items that you have received, please contact Cloud 9 directly. Point of contact is Scott Hassmann; contact page for Could 9 is located HERE.
NW Juniors Still looking for coaches, Spring Academy runs March – May:
We have a few openings for assistant coaches. We will also be looking for coaches for our Spring Academy, which will run from March – May. If interested, email our club director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill out a coaching application:
Join us in our quest to return to Nationals!
2013: 18 Elite Black – National Division 2013: 14 Elite Black – USA Division
2102: 13 Heat – American Division
Below is calendar of Club Events. Here is quick link to Gym Locations